The Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation was founded in 1844 by great Rev. Fr. Louis Savenien Dupuis M.E.P in Puducherry to liberate the women and make them self - reliant. By the efforts and hardships of our ancestors today The Fransiscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation is spread all over India and abroad (U.S.A., Africa, PNG and Italy).
Education has been the sole weapon to strive for the development of the women society. Until a decade the Congregation had been concentrated mainly on imparting basic education to women, as it was its crucial need. But the rapid progress in human civilization, science and technology necessitated the Congregation to provide higher education to the womenfolk as they were still found in miseries and lurch. Therefore, it was strongly thought that only the higher and professional education could make them face challenging future.
Idhaya Engineering College for Women (IECW) was established in 2001, a decade of excellence in engineering education enhances IECW’s reputation far and wide. Since from its inception, IECW has been laying emphasis on engineering education for women. IECW resembles as a beacon for aspiring women students to achieve a significant engineering degree from a professional institute of engineering under auspicious guidance and committed leadership of The Franciscan Sister of Immaculate Heart of Mary Congregation (FIHM), Puducherry.
The great strides of IECW, in the transformation of academic to research program enables young engineering student to acquire high-end technology skills in the competitive world. IECW has been marching towards new verticals in achieving academic excellence with a strong commitment and dedicated approach. On the path of success, students of IECW have scored excellent results in all Anna University semester examinations.
Founding Father of FIHM
Rev. Fr. Louis Savenien Dupuis
The Team Behind IECW
Created by WRITERSTOUCH
Copyright © www.iecw.edu.in 2017 All rights reserved